One Week Freedive Liveaboard in Red Sea, Egypt with Dolphins
We would like to invite you to join us onboard the luxury Aquastars boat from Saturday 1st October to Saturday 8th October.
Easy Jet flies from London Gatwick to Hurghada, Egypt, on flight 8861, departing at 10.55 and arriving at 17.20.
You will be collected by Aquastars at the airport and will be driven 4 hours into the deep south. By 10pm you will board Aquastars luxury boat where you will have a shared twin or bunk cabin or if you chose, you can sleep on the top deck under incredible stars and the Milky Way.
At 9am on 2nd Oct we'll sail 2.5 hours to Sataya dolphin reef, a 10km stretch of pristine coral reef and home to a large pod of spinner dolphins (approximately 50) that typically swim past at sunrise and sunset each day.
We will spend 6 days moored at different places near Sataya reef, exploring the diverse reefs of the area. The activities and your level of involvement in them will be up to you but primarily we will be there to spend time with the dolphins. The reefs in the area provide an opportunity to see sharks, turtles, Manta & Eagle Ray and Napoleon Wrasse.
The dolphins are used to human interaction and will most likely allow you to join their pod. being moored at Sataya reef overnight also gives an opportunity to spend time with them without other tour boats being around. This provides a very personal interaction with them.
There will also be an opportunity for the following:
- scuba diving, day and night
- specialist scuba courses
- freediving, day and night
- training for depth in freediving with lines/lanyards being used (40m maximum unless by prior arrangement)
- freedive coaching
- daily yoga classes
- underwater photography/cinematography and editing workshops
- line fishing
- wild swimming
Buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and soft drinks are provided and your needs can be catered for, whether vegetarian or vegan.
On the afternoon of Friday 7th Oct, we will return to the shore and head to Safaga, 45km south of Hurghada, to a hotel (TBC) for 1 night.
On Saturday 8th October we will depart the hotel to go to Hurghada for souvenir shopping then to Hurghada airport at 4pm latest. Easy Jet fly from Hurghada to Gatwick, flight 8862, departing at 18.05, arriving at 23.00.
The cost for the trip is £750.
What is included:
- All transfers
- Accommodation on the boat: twin or bunk, air conditioned cabin
- All meals and soft drinks on the boat
- Air for scuba diving
- Diving weights
What isn't included:
- Nitrox for scuba, must be ordered in advance
- PADI courses
- Equipment hire - 100 euros per person for the whole week for full kit hire (wetsuit, mask, snorkel, boots, fins, BCD, regs, weight belt)
- Marine park fees if we want to go to a particular place, which is typically 50 euro per person but Sataya and Cloudy reef do not require fees.
- Flights, which you will need to book yourself (only when 10 guests are confirmed). The cost for return flights is currently at £286 including 1 x 20kg hold bag.
- 1 night at a hotel (we'll hopefully be getting local staff discounted rates)
- food & drink at the hotel
- Alcoholic drinks on the boat must be ordered in advance.
- tips for crew at the end if the week, customary to give 20 euro per person
Estimated total cost with transfers, flights, boat, meals, hotel stay and full scuba kit hire is approx £1,200.
Deposit of £150 is required at time of booking and the full balance is required by 31st July. Payment by instalment is possible.
The cost has been dropped to 'mates rates' and requires a minimum number of 10 paying guests to make it happen (the boat can sleep up to 20 paying guests and 6 staff).
We really hope you can join us for what is set to be an epic holiday to remember!